Sewage Cleanup in Los Angeles
Protecting Santa Monica & Surrounding Areas from Property Damage
Raw sewage is full of bacteria and can cause illness if it’s not handled correctly. Shutting off your main sewer line can prevent the sewage from spreading. Unlike other restoration projects, we recommend against attempting to salvage belongings when dealing with sewage backup. We’ve done thousands of cases working with insurance companies to restore your home with expert sewage cleanup in Los Angeles. Our 15 years of experience have allowed us to prepare the necessary training with the newest drying technology to remove the odors and toxins left by sewage.
Reach out to our team today by calling us at (888) 228-1328 to learn more about how we can help you return to normal!
Don’t Let Unexpected Water Damage Destroy Your Dream
300+ Reviews on Google
Free Site Inspections
On-Call Technicians 24/7
15+ Years of Experience
45 Minutes or Less Response Time
What Causes Sewage Backup?
A sewage backup is when wastewater doesn’t drain and returns to your home or business because of an obstruction or other issue. Sewage backups are often caused by:
- Collapsed pipes: Your plumbing system is strong, but it doesn’t last forever. You may have galvanized steel or cast-iron pipes that deteriorate faster than today’s PVC materials if you have an older home.
- Tree roots: When tree roots invade your pipes, it can create leaks or a blockage that causes sewage to come back up your drains or leak into your yard. Yearly sewer line inspections can help determine the state of your plumbing system for preventative maintenance.
- Clogs: When you notice slow drains or clogs, you must solve these issues as soon as possible to stop sewage backups. Ignoring any plumbing problems can cause a blockage and let bacteria enter your home.
A sewage backup is messy. Don’t try DIY solutions to remove sewage and limit water damage. Any leftover bacteria or water can continue to deteriorate your home and put you at risk for bacterial illnesses. Preventing backups is the only way to avoid the need for an emergency sewage cleanup in Los Angeles. Here are a few tips to stop backups in your home or business:
- Get yearly sewer line inspections
- Avoid sending fat, oil, and food down your drains
- Replace pipes before they collapse
- Manage plumbing problems as they appear
Regular inspections allow you to notice pipes that need to be replaced before they collapse. It’s also important to avoid sending fat, oil, large chunks of food, or other unnecessary material down your drain, even if you have a garbage disposal.
How to Protect Yourself During a Sewage Backup
If sewage has begun to contaminate your home, it is important to protect yourself from the bacteria that can cause illness. If you can, turn the main water supply off and turn off electrical power to the area. Avoid walking through sewer water without protection, such as a facemask, gloves, and rubber boots. Ventilate the area by opening windows and notify your insurance company and sewer department.
Then call Pyramid Restoration for sewage cleanup in Los Angeles. We have spent 15 years perfecting our trade to provide expert restoration for a clean and safe environment that you can return to. We have served thousands of customers with a 45-minute or less response time to your emergency. Our team speaks multiple languages and has a certification in water mitigation to further provide expert services for our community.
Don’t let unexpected water damage destroy your dream. Call (888) 228-1328 or contact us online when you are ready to schedule an appointment.
Get a Fresh Start
Our Restoration Experts Are Here to Help
Fill out the form below or give us a call at (888) 228-1328